Driving Safety Course
Driver Safety Course Eligibility
To be eligible to take a driving safety course, you must:
- Enter a plea of Guilty or No Contest.
- Have a valid Texas driver's license or permit.
- Present proof of financial responsibility that lists you as a driver.
- Not have taken a driving safety course for citation dismissal within the past twelve months.
- Sign an affidavit stating you have not taken a driving safety course in the last twelve months.
- Pay court fees of: $144, or if a school zone offense, $169.
You are not eligible if:
- You hold a commercial driver's license.
- You were charged with speeding 25 miles per hour or more over the speed limit or traveling at a speed greater than or equal to 95 miles per hour.
Finalize Driving Safety Course
Once you have obtained approval and paid your fees, you must:
- Submit to the Court by your 90-day deadline:
No extensions to complete the course will be given.
Do not take a driving safety course without first obtaining permission from the court.