The City Secretary for the City of Crosbyton is appointed by the City Administrator. The office of the City Secretary is responsible for various duties including:
- Attend all City Council meetings and workshops to record accurate minutes of such proceedings.
- Engross and enroll all laws, resolutions, and ordinances of the City Council
- Keep the corporate seal and prepare all notices required under any regulation or ordinance of the City
- Serve as the general accountant of the City and is responsible for payroll, accounts payable, investment records, and financial reporting.
- Administer all regular and special municipal elections
- Process public information requests
- Serve as the Records Management Officer and be responsible for establishing and overseeing the Records Management Program for all City departments to include maintenance, storage, retention, destruction, and preservations of all City documents.
The City Secretary serves as a liaison between the public and the City and is dedicated to providing the highest level of respect, integrity, and professionalism.